If you haven’t figured out yet that I love chocolate (my whole family does, I promise it’s not just me!), here’s another opportunity! I love chocolate. I especially love it when it’s warm and you can spread butter over it. Oh my. I better stop before I start drooling.
If you like chocolate and you like banana muffins, you will probably like this recipe! It is a family favorite, and when I don’t add chocolate chips, it’s our favorite banana muffin or bread recipe.
Try it and let me know what you think!
2 cups freshly milled hard or soft white wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 T cinnamon
½ c Sucanat
½ c toasted walnuts, optional
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 c oil (coconut oil gives a wonderful flavor!)
¼ c whole milk plain yogurt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
Chocolate chips to your heart’s content
- Preheat oven to 350 for bread or 400 for muffins. Grease pan or tins generously (I use butter).
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl; add the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into bread pan or drop into muffin tin with measuring cup or ice cream scoop.
- Put in the oven and set a timer for 45-55 minutes for the bread and 15-20 minutes for muffins. The length of time depends on how gooey or how done you prefer your muffins.
- Slather butter on those babies and enjoy!
Note: Ideally, it would be best to soak your flour over night with an acidic medium. I am not dogmatic about soaking, but do prefer it. There are times when it’s a last minute decision or I completely forget about it. Remember, I am all about balance!