Plain old scrambled eggs get boring so I love using this particular recipe. It is now my husband’s absolute favorite way to eat eggs. They have a savory flavor that goes wonderfully with fresh bread or muffins. I have used this scrambled eggs recipe multiple times for guests and it is always a hit.
We eat a lot of eggs in our house! Not only are they a great source of protein, but eggs are power-packed with many other vital nutrients. You really can’t go wrong with adding eggs into your diet and they are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
I have modified this recipe from Sue Gregg’s Recipes cookbook. I like this lady! J
Scrambled Eggs, Perfected!
¼ c plain, whole milk yogurt
¼ c parmesan cheese
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp thyme
¼ tsp dried mustard
½ of a red pepper, diced
½ of a green pepper, diced
1 green onion, diced
Any other veggies you want to add!
1. Put all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until well blended.
2. Melt about a tablespoon of butter in a large pan and then add your egg mixture.
3. Let the eggs cook for a few minutes before you start “scrambling” them with your spoon or spatula.
4. “Scramble” your eggs with a spoon or spatula until they are the consistency you prefer.
5. Serve and enjoy! We love these with some sort of bread and fruit. Yum!
The only note I’d make is that the more veggies you add, the more herbs you should also add to really be able to enjoy the flavor they give to the scrambled eggs.