Adapted from Sue Gregg’s Meals In Minutes Cookbook, this is our favorite cornbread recipe. You don’t need a grain mill for this recipe, just a blender! This is a great way to prepare whole grain quick breads if you don’t have a grain mill.
You’ll notice that I use popcorn instead of yellow corn for it. It is great!
Ingredients & Directions:
1. Place in blender; blend at high speed 3-5 minutes:
1 cup cultured milk or sour raw milk (plain yogurt thinned with a little water to consistency of buttermilk, or plain kefir, or buttermilk)
3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
2/3 cups dry corn (I use dry popcorn…yum!)
2⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry grain or 2/3 c cup spelt grain
1⁄₄ cup melted butter or melted coconut oil (add coconut oil gradually after getting the blender started)
2. Cover blender and let stand at room temperature for 8-24 hours for improved nutritional value.
3. Preheat oven to 325°, grease 8×8 glass baking pan with soft butter.
4. Blend in eggs for 2 or 3 minutes on high speed; combine baking powder, soda and salt; add them at the last, just to blend in:
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄₂ teaspoon baking soda
5. Pour batter immediately into buttered baking pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife comes clean out of center.