I seem to be in list mode, have you noticed? I often times think best in the form of lists. My husband would laugh at me for saying that. He saw me filling out a sheet of paper the other day – a list nonetheless – and said, “I bet you really like that, huh?” I looked at him and asked what he meant. He said, “It’s a list. You love lists. It’s helping you organize.”
In my kitchen, there are gadgets and appliances that I seem to use constantly. Are you the same way? Things that would make life in the kitchen much more difficult if I didn’t own them. Now, I’m not going to list things like my oven or stove, because, well, that’s a given. I don’t use a microwave (!!) so I use my range all the time. In no particular order, here are my favorite standby kitchen gadgets and appliances:
1. Cast iron skillet – it stays on my stove! I have a large 10-inch size, but I’d love a smaller one also.
2. Pampered Chef measuring spoons – I have the teaspoons and tablespoon measurements
3. Bosch Universal Mixer – while I don’t use the mixer everyday, I almost always use the blender attachment daily. It is the best I’ve ever used!
4. Simple glass pitcher – we buy distilled water (and re-mineralize it), but I don’t like keeping it in the unattractive gallon jug it comes in. I love adding a simple, personal touch buy keeping a pitcher of water on my counter all the time.
5. Glass jars. I use them for everything! I love not only that they are safe for food storage, but that are a great way to decorate!
What do you use daily that you could not live without?